Friday, August 31, 2012

StyleFiles: What I Wore ~ Interview Style



I had an interview this past week for a visual merchandising position (totally what I LOVE to do!) and this is what I wore for the interview! Let me just start off by saying – I got this dress on major sale at Target last year for only $8! And even better than that price – it has pockets!! Ahh I know- Isn’t everything WAY better with pockets?! So this lovely gem of a dress is perfect for interviewing because it is not too flashy, it is appropriate in length, it is not low cut, and yes, even though it does have pockets, it is still dressy enough for an interview due to it’s shape and fabric.  Okay- as far as jewelry normally I would say keep it simple – like pearls, but since I work in fashion I got lucky and expressing your individual since of style is often not only appreciated, but expected.  For this reason, I wore this statement necklace, kept my shoes neutral, and added a pop of animal print with my purse.  Also I felt super comfortable in this outfit – which is very important while interviewing, if you feel uncomfortable you just won’t present yourself as best as you can.  So to sum up my interview outfit – comfortable, chic, a pop of personality, and POCKETS – what more could a girl ask for?!


 
Crushing In: Black Dress – Target ($8 – on major sale!), Nude Peep Toe pumps – Candies via Kohls (old), Leopard Coach purse (gifted), Light Pink Statement Necklace – H&M ($12), Light Pink Bangle – The Limited ($12 – on sale!), Light Pink Studs – Francesca’s Collections ($12)
What do you think of my interview outfit? Would you wear this to an interview? Why or why not?
Oh and P.S. - I got the job!! woo hoo!!! :)
I hope everyone had a fabulous week and you have an even better weekend! If you live  in the Atlanta area - Check out the Celebrate Freedom Concert tomorrow! It is free and TONS of amazing Christian artists will be playing all day! Maybe I'll see you there! :)
     xoxo
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute dress! Such a great price!

    Why ask anyone? You got the job so I guess the dress worked for that interview well enough.

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete