Wednesday, August 29, 2012

StyleFiles: Trend of the Month Link-up: Statement Necklace

 
Statement Necklaces – I’m kind of obsessed! When I saw the trend of the month link-up on Marionberry Style I knew I wanted to join in – my problem was picking out which necklace to wear! I wanted to do a post where I mixed prints and I decided to wear this lovely red statement necklace (which I may or may not have in multiple colors! Ha).  I thought – this post is perfect for link-up and ta-da here ya go! My first successful blogging link-up! Woo hoo! :)

Crushing In: Striped Top - Franceaca's Collections ($34), Polka Dot Skirt- Francesca's Collections - ($38), White Pumps - Charlotte Russe (old)

Crushworthy Jewels: Red Statement necklace - Francesca's Collections ($24), Red Rhinestone Earrings - Francesca's Collections ($14), Watch - Fossil (gifted), White Bead Wrap Bracelet - Francesca's Collections ($18), White Studded Bangles - Forever 21 ($7/ set of 6)
Print mixing -  everyone is doing it... I'm a copycat! Lately I have been loving this trend - it forces me to think outside the box plus, its fun to experiment! This outfit is def. one of my favorite mixing combos thus far.  I love polka dots and stripes and together I have found my perfect print mixing combo! I'm sure you know this already, but I'll just go ahead and say it again - there are not too many rules for print mixing, the only one I would stick to is to stay in the same color scheme.  It helps to make your look cohesive, other than that have fun! If you have been experimenting with prints I would LOVE to see your take - please share a link to your post in a comment so I can check it out!
Okay let’s talk statement necklaces for a sec – for me personally I say don’t spend a lot on them because they are very trendy.  Generally, the trendier the item the less I spend on it… My monthly shopping budget is tight so I choose to spend my money on items I will wear A TON! And quality is important as well, no matter how cheap something is if it breaks the first time you wear it- it is not worth it! I have found a stores (i.e. Francesca’s Collections – I know, shocker! Haha) that has jewelry I love at a very affordable price and most pieces I have had with no problems, which is important! Now, don’t get me wrong – I am obsessed with 99.9% of all J.Crew necklaces, and if I received one as a gift I would most definitely wear that thing to death, but I just can’t spend $100+ dollars on a necklace I might not wear next year.  Is this weird? Do you buy statement necklaces, regardless of price, or do you prefer to splurge on timeless pieces of jewelry like muah?
P.s. I just wanted to say thank you SOOO much to Josh (my amazing boyfriend and resident blog photographer) for taking pictures all the time! I put that first pic up just for you – I know how excited you were about that one! The wind was definitely on your side :) love you mucho!
Happy hump-day!
   xoxo
Danielle

3 comments:

  1. Great outfit! Found you on Marion's link up. I'm your newest follower.
    Katherine
    www.jagstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! And bonus points for mixing prints. Great job!!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern mixing with a bold necklace. Great look!!

    ReplyDelete